Haldi Doodh is a popular traditional drink that provides wholesome nutrition. Ingredients required to prepare this simple recipe include:
- Fresh Milk
- Grated turmeric/ turmeric powder
- Grated/crushed ginger or sonth (ginger powder)
- Ground black pepper(Kali Mirch)
- Cinnamon powder(Dalchini powder)
- Sugar/honey/jaggery (optional for sweetening)
Let us prepare Haldi Doodh following a simple process as under:
- Put milk in a saucepan/ pot.
- Add turmeric, ginger, black pepper, Kesar, and cinnamon to the milk and boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add sugar/honey/ jaggery.
One must consume this delicious drink a little warm for better results.
Some of the many benefits of Haldi doodh include:
- Haldi Doodh has strong antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties.
- Haldi Doodh improves the functioning of the brain and enhances memory.
- Haldi Doodh is known to improve digestion.
- Haldi Doodh is known to aid in managing symptoms associated with depression.
- Regular consumption of Haldi Doodh is known to provide relief in problems associated with joint pain.
- Haldi Doodh is believed to lower the risk of heart-related diseases.
- Haldi Doodh is known to aid in lowering blood sugar levels.
- Haldi Doodh is known to boost overall immunity.